2019 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 can tow up to 12,200 pounds maximum depending on your Sierra 1500 configurations. Learn more about the GMC Sierra 1500’s towing capabilities below, or visit Gregg Young Buick GMC to find out how easy your towing tasks in Des Moines can be.
Configuration Options to Equip Your Sierra 1500
The Double Cab, 6.2L V8 engine and Max Trailering Package enable the Sierra to reach its max towing capacity of 12,200 pounds. You have choices outside of this package, though, if your towing needs are less extensive in the Norwalk area. Some of these choices include:
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
The cab style in particular will slightly affect the range of potential towing capability. If you opt for a Crew Cab style, the potential towing range is 6,500-12,100 pounds. Go for the Double Cab GMC Sierra 1500, and your towing range will be 6,600-12,200 pounds.
ProGrade Trailering System
In addition to its powerful towing capability, the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 boasts technology like the ProGrade Trailering System to help make towing easier in Urbandale. The ProGrade Trailering System uses high-resolution cameras, your Sierra infotainment display, and integrated smartphone apps. Some of the features in the ProGrade Trailering System include:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: A dynamic grid line and zoom capability allow for precise hitching.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Using the app you can now test your trailer lights even when you are by yourself.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes features like pre-departure checklists, programmable trailer brake settings, Trailer Theft Detection, and more.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
There are numerous towing accessories, configurations, and available features for the GMC Sierra 1500 in Ankeny. Enhance your Sierra 1500’s towing with these available features:
- Max Trailering Package: Tow more weight with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Trailering Camera Package: Two side view mirror cameras give you more vision when changing lanes and backing up. This can be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for even greater visibility.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: The Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put the truck in Park to avoid rolling when in Hitch View.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Use control buttons on the center console to control and monitor your trailer brakes.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Adjust the throttle mapping, transmission shift points, and StabiliTrak depending on the drive mode you select.
Test the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Power in Indianola
Visit your Pleasant Hill-area GMC dealer, Gregg Young Buick GMC, to learn more about the GMC Sierra 1500’s towing technology and features. Contact us to schedule your test drive of the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500, or let us know if you have any questions about this or any other vehicle in our inventory, such as the GMC Acadia trim levels. Or, get in touch if you need a diesel engine oil change for your GMC truck.